Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

Turn-in is a bit rapid i agree..... Need to watch that mate in the wet...... My Lotus although nowhere in your category had a rapid turn-in and i spun that three times :o

Will do, I'm still being quite tentative given the cold/wet conditions. The car does feel fairly stable at the rear though, the only issue would be how easy it is to break traction but for now the traction control is staying firmly on!

So with the Lotus if you turned in hard the rear would become loose? I will be watching out for that if that's a common trait of mid-engined cars!

With the Lotus it was the way the turbo kicked in....... Same you can't go on a  car limits day.

Ahh ok, here being normally aspirated the power delivery is a bit more linear, but then it does go completely nuts over 4k revs so you still need to be careful.

I am thinking about getting it on track in the summer to have a chance to explore where the limits are, prob need to join the Ferrari OC to go on one of their specific days (don't really want to be on track with a mix, if they're all Ferraris hopefully people will be more careful!)

Goodwood has good track days , bit more expensive but you only get 5 cars on track at any time , they tend to be high end stuff and you get the opportunity for top instruction from people like Anthony Reid. The price keeps the idiots away 

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/motorsport/track-day-experiences/track-days.aspx

Here is a pic of me going around with him

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/liner33/6472_zps5a025a95.jpg

That looks pretty good, I have no problem paying a bit more if there's only 5 cars on track and is therefore safer - does the £165 for a half day in summer include instruction or is that on top?

Of course once you add insurance and potentially new tyres it does become an expensive (but awesome!) day out.

*EDIT* Just noticed that it does say instruction is included so ignore that question - that's actually a very reasonable price in that case.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT :o

I was expecting that!  :)

I'd imagine the car has a few swirls in the paint anyway, alot of people aren't bothered about them TBH. I see plenty of super cars in hand car wash places - to them it's just a clean car.

It's not in bad shape as the previous owner had it detailed 2 years ago at the dealer (not sure who actually did the detailing), but it could do with some work - he put it through hand car washes though so it's not going to be anything new.

Need to decide whether I'm happy leaving it dirty or risk some swirls (or just get out there and clean it myself!)

I had my Lotus detailed....

post-2-0-36021400-1385742173.jpg

Then got lazy one day and had a hand car wash done and it f :censored: d all that great work up and it was full of swirls..... So i had it all done again

post-2-0-78271200-1385742307.jpg

And then i had a bit of an accident parking the car in a garage

post-2-0-53629200-1385742442.jpg

post-2-0-07553200-1385742453.jpg

Repair was great

post-2-0-46016500-1385742525.jpg

But it needed detailing again to blend the paint correctly

post-2-0-13515100-1385742769.jpg

Expensive stuff this shiny paint lark :crying_anim02:

Wish i had kept that car it was the love of my life, but as we know when the real love of my life died i lost heart having such a car. As odd as it sounds it didn't feel right to drive it and me feeling happy to do so any more.

Nevertheless lesson learned regarding detailing and being lazy like me using a local hand wash..... And how's this for a bummer, the damage done to the wing wasn't putting the car in :huh: It was due to a tyre pressure change over night steering the car when i removed it from the garage :crying_anim02:

Wish i had kept that car it was the love of my life, but as we know when the real love of my life died i lost heart having such a car. As odd as it sounds it didn't feel right to drive it and me feeling happy to do so any more.

Nevertheless lesson learned regarding detailing and being lazy like me using a local hand wash..... And how's this for a bummer, the damage done to the wing wasn't putting the car in :huh: It was due to a tyre pressure change over night steering the car when i removed it from the garage :crying_anim02:

Shame it had to go, but given your circumstances it was the right thing to do at that time. Sounds like you're ready for something new now though  :)

Ouch tyre pressures are clearly important even at very low speeds!