Uh-oh, I'm joining HOTW!

parthiban

• 2 weeks later...

Got this all sorted today down at WIM, always a pleasure to visit. Massive thank you to Tony, on the drive back the car feels fantastic, actually better than I can remember for a long time. For quite a while the front end has felt very vague, but now it's really sharp and pointy which is amazing - the Merc's always been more of a cruiser but now it feels a lot more chuckable if that makes any sense :)

Also great to meet voicey who was having his 360 looked at - thanks for the advice and letting me have a nose around the car, I have some serious thinking to do! :whistle:

Some intresting geometric math with your car?..... NSF camber to deep, NSF castor to low ( for the UK ) and the OSF camber deep but with an adjuster bolt already installed..... What to do?

On your car the "pick up points" lower ball joint, track rod end and compliance arm are very close to the center of the wheel meaning i could adjust one angle and influence others, in your case an increase in the NSF castor indirectly reduced the NSF camber and by raising the sprung chassis this also reduced the OSF camber without direct adjustment, happy days :P

• 3 weeks later...

With that amount of damage to the tyre, would not feel that something was wrong with just driving the car? :huh:

I can tell how many stones I have stuck in the tread on my tyres :P

Unfortunately no, other than the slight pull to the left, the car felt absolutely fine. I was genuinely surprised when I saw how far gone the tyre was - I suppose part of it is that cars like this insulate from the outside world quite well but also there didn't seem to be any indicator there was something wrong.

It's a lifesaver that the tyre pressure indicator went off when it did, if anything those should be standard fit on every car.