The mobile phone random photo thread!

Most of Norfolk is flat, there aren't many hills especially compared to where we live. It makes a difference in the car too as around the villages I get better mpg where the engine doesn't have to work.

Andy, did they dig that pile out from underground? In comparison to the size of your dog that is alot of earth!

Andy, did they dig that pile out from underground? In comparison to the size of your dog that is alot of earth!

Yep, no jiggery-pokery with funny perspectives. That's why I kept Petra in the frame as the scale is quite impressive.

That's just one of the holes. There are quite a few more in the field and others that are in the road bank nearby. You have to watch out for the spill from the latter as there are often sodding great lumps of flint all over the road.

I've got an infra-red camera that I really must set up to take stills and video of the critters.

• 3 years later...

The quarry I believe it is a bit of a trek now. I only found this out last night that it's not officially open to the public anymore. Idiots kept leaving rubbish and all sorts there so they have blocked up the access tunnel. You have to go over the top. I'll be going in a few weeks to specifically find this route so I'll keep you informed.

Quite a few Castles in the area then of course the mountains which are brill to drive through and climb, also the Mach loop valleys where the RAF do the jet fighter training.

I love the place and looking to buy a house somewhere around there. They are still dead cheap.

That's a shame a few have to spoil it for the rest :(

What's your opinion of dead cheap for a house? I had a quick look out of interest and you're looking at £200k+ for something decent. Obviously much better than the South East though and you're probably paying for the view too. I have family further North in Flint and a 2 or 3 bedroom semi can be bought for a little over £100k. I could easily move there and semi retire if I wanted to. If our hearts weren't set on Norfolk I'd definitely consider it as it's a lovely area. Although I've not been for years. Another thing that puts me off are all the hills! :lol:

Sorry to divert from the thread but it depends where and in what state too. I'm happy to renovate so looking at auctions and that sort of thing. The more North, the cheaper.

I've put an offer in for this one £124k.  I didn't really want a bungalow but look at the views you wake up to...  plus it's detached with decent land and lovely environment.. At the moment I'm in a semi in a very built up area. When it's done up it should make a few pennies if I move. Structure is sound and the rest I can do myself. I've blanked out the road and not given more pictures with it being a public forum - I don't want to miss this!

hr1.png

hr.png

On 12/01/2020 at 14:17, Geoffers said:

Sorry to divert from the thread but it depends where and in what state too. I'm happy to renovate so looking at auctions and that sort of thing. The more North, the cheaper.

I've put an offer in for this one £124k.  I didn't really want a bungalow but look at the views you wake up to...  plus it's detached with decent land and lovely environment.. At the moment I'm in a semi in a very built up area. When it's done up it should make a few pennies if I move. Structure is sound and the rest I can do myself. I've blanked out the road and not given more pictures with it being a public forum - I don't want to miss this!

That view for £124k is definitely worth the money :) Yes auctions are definitely cheaper if you're prepared to put the work in to the renovations. I've got my fingers crossed that you win the auction.

I keep mentioning about looking at bungalows when we move to the missus but she isn't keen. I grew up in a bungalow (later it had a loft conversion) so I'm used to them but a lot of people actually prefer having bedrooms upstairs. Is that the case for you?

I'm not sure if I'd feel something missing - it will be so different. I don't live in the best of areas so feel safer upstairs as there's that extra level of safety and nobody going to try and get in the bedroom window.

Where that bungalow is though I don't think I'll feel the same!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank Rich, your not wrong! However it can be rather stressful and damanding but it has its occasional perks. 

Being Project Manager at Air to Air refuelling and supporting the RAF Voyager fleet (and others) is greatly rewarding to ensure our sky's are kept safe. 

It is awsome. 

C130s leak air and are rather cold but boy it was incredible. 

We did some very low level flying (wondering how to upload a video here).. Not joking when we where sub 1000ft. I could see in to people's lounges! 

Before the air to air refuelling, we did some low level flying and dropped some fake packages at specific sites allowing the crew on board to test and rehears real life supply drops. Some of the boxes left the platform when we were banked at +30 degree angles!