Ferrari 360 Spider

parthiban

Having spent quite a while thinking about what I wanted, and then a while longer trying to find the right car, I finally picked it up last Friday!

I'm not sure how much of a blog this will be, but thought I'd get it started with a couple of pics from when I collected it, will hopefully add some better pics in time.

First impressions, absolutely fantastic!  :D

post-1222-0-87644100-1382534703_thumb.jpg

post-1222-0-50922000-1382534710_thumb.jpg

Lucky git! Does it fit in the garage? :D

So what are your plans, to leave it standard or modify it?

Thanks! It does, just - it's not as tight as I thought it would be (I originally thought I'd have to push it in and out) and it's only because I'm not very big that I can get in/out of it in the garage :)

Plan to keep it standard - at the beginning of the search I had thoughts of doing all sorts but the more I looked the more I preferred the elegance of the standard car. Might change my mind down the road, but for now it's staying as is. The only mods I might do are some technical ones, it's got the F1 gearbox and seriously considering changing the TCU for the one out of the challenge stradale which is supposed to be a million times better.

Thanks guys. Well yes and no, I go to work on the tube so don't really have a daily driver as such, but I do plan on using the Ferrari as much as possible (I don't believe in locking up such a fantastic car in the garage all the time). I still have the Lexus though if I go somewhere I'm not comfortable taking the 360.

Good for you mate - looks very tidy.

The 360 does sound decent in standard trim  - but i have heard some good things about Tubi exhausts for the fezzas if you fancied deviating ;) :D

Thanks, and yes some of the cars I tried had Tubis on which sounded glorious! I'm undecided on exhausts, the drone at cruising speeds is quite annoying plus it really is very loud if you need to leave early/get back late (not that standard is particularly quiet!)

Out of interest what is the insurance like, especially with this being your first supercar?

Not bad at all actually, to keep things simple for the moment I swapped the Lexus on my existing policy as that's where the NCD is and for the remaining 6 months on the policy they wanted an extra £369 - annualised I think it comes out to about £1100. Excess is only £500 too.

Full 12 month quotes were coming out online around £950 so all in all the insurance isn't bad at all. Plus it's only £280 road tax :)

That is good, roughly the same price I was getting on the comparison sites - out of curiosity you know! :whistle:

Pre 2001, yes tax is still one rate over 1.6L - you would never get it that cheap on a new Ferrari :lol:

thats good!

When i look back i paid some hideous premiums to get into fast cars. Worth the money all day long though IMO.

Yep absolutely worth it, even better when it's actually quite reasonable :)

That is good, roughly the same price I was getting on the comparison sites - out of curiosity you know! :whistle:

Pre 2001, yes tax is still one rate over 1.6L - you would never get it that cheap on a new Ferrari :lol:

It's probably the age of the car and them realising that people buying cars like these aren't super rich nor are they boy racers so will most likely be quite careful with them.

Unfortunately it's post March 01 so it is emissions based rather than the super cheap engine size based tax, but as it's pre March 06 it's capped at band K (£280) rather than it's true position in the over 255g band M (£490).

• 5 weeks later...

Dunno how I missed this thread..... Stunning motor Parth!!

Thanks!

Oh and come on you lazy bum, get some more pics up!! :)

Lol! Been a bit busy so any time I've been able to get it out of the garage I've spent as much time as possible driving it :)

Finally got my private plates on it - real pain getting off all the gunk from previous plate swaps, didn't look like it had ever been cleaned!

Will get some pics soon, I'll also need to clean it first!  :lol: