Hyundai driverless car emergency stop test......

Tony

Not really driverless tech, not even new tech but cool video and the fact it's available on a relatively cheap car is awesome  :)

Those Genesis's look pretty good, seen them while in the US and they look good in the flesh as well. Interior looks a bit dated though.

I've never seen one. I assume they are available in the UK?

No they aren't, I've only seen them in the US (assume they must be available the far east).

There is an even bigger one in the US as well called the Equus - bit of a Merc rip off but also quite nice.

Why can't the UK have them or is there's none made in RHD?

It's probably more to do with the market, cars like this don't really sell well here as once you move to this sort of size we prefer to buy prestige brands.

Same reason things like the Toyota Camry, Nissan Maxima and Honda Legend were removed from the UK market. We are happy to compromise on spec and even the size of the car to get something like a BMW or Merc - Americans prefer their cars to be bigger and well specced and aren't as bothered about the badge.

We're so used to seeing prestige brands everywhere, it's quite strange heading over there as seeing a BMW 3 series is quite a rare sight.

Your probably right.... Wonder how much they cost though?

According to the US site, starts at about £22k and rises to £33k for a fully loaded 5 ltr version.

Arguably even if it was £30k after they brought it over here you couldn't buy much for that but we still wouldn't buy them - personally I might be tempted as I think these are RWD but the badge would still be something to think about.