Air con parts suppliers and O rings

I need to replace the condenser on both the Hondas. I've had a price from Advanced Radiators but can anyone recommend other companies they've used?

I will also need new O rings but I don't know the size, are the cheap selection packs any good? I know I need to get the special ones, which are green or purple.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'l' probably just order online, not worth going to Watford for a box of O rings. Honda want £2 each as well and I need at least 6 I think! They have told me the size should be 5/8 or 1/2". I was thinking of getting these ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conditioning-Rings-Coupling-Assortment-Purple/dp/B00AKXCBNQ

I can use the O rings for other things as well, it's just these will be longer lasting when exposed to aircon refrigerant.

Auto kool. Co.uk or look for the selection pack at certain Halford.

Don't forget to lube the o rings in air con oil before you refit them ;)

Thanks for the link will take a look.

I have some oil from when I did my Mondeo's condenser, but I didn't replace the O rings. Does it have a shelf life, it's few years old now?

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like PAG oil does have a shelf life but hopefully it will be ok just to lube the rings before fitting.

I haven't ordered the condenser yet cos the part number on mine doesn't match those on the Honda parts website or the suppliers website. When I Google mine it brings up results for condensers in the US and on the Honda parts website it's a completely different number, although the suppliers also list this number. I think I'm gonna have to remove parts of the car to measure mine and make sure I get the right one.

I don't think it has, certainly looks 11 years old. I'll have to try and measure it some how tonight so I don't order the wrong one. I need to get it fixed though, black leather seats and hot weather aren't a good combo.

I think I am going to buy these ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270Pcs-18-Sizes-Assortment-Kit-HNBR-Air-Conditioning-O-Rings-Set-Car-GREEN-Box-/251505625645

All the selection boxes I've found for sale in the UK look like the same kit for nearly 3 times the price.

I need 5/8", 1/2" and 8mm O rings, I assume I can't use the inch equivalent of the 8mm one cos it will be slightly the wrong size so might have to reuse that one.

You know we have box's of those O-rings at wim don't you?

Are they HNBR O rings though, normal ones are no good for air con and why would WIM have boxes of them?  :unsure:

Well I ordered the O rings from ebay, they're coming from China so need to wait for them. They'll come in handy so I might as well have a box of them. There is one thing I'm not sure of and that is I need some 8mm rings but the box selection I've bought are all in inches. 8mm converted is 05/16 in but would that be the exact same size or would there be a slight difference? Abit like socket sizes I suppose.

The condenser and drier arrived from Advanced Radiators yesterday so when the rings are here I'll fit that. It's a front bumper off job but that's not a problem cos I was going to mesh the lower grille anyway where it's open and the condenser is exposed.

I've found a couple of local independent aircon guys who do servicing and regassing. One is £50 a car, the other £55 so that's not too bad and at least they will do proper checks and not just plug it into a machine. I've had a couple of normal garages do the aircon now who after regassing it told me the condenser looks to be leaking so if I lose the gas it will be from there. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to regass a leaking system?

I just need to buy the parts for the Accord but I'm finding there is more than one type of condenser fitted to mine with varying prices. Not everyone lists the dimensions and the part number are always different - apparently Honda have a habit of changing them all the time! The cheapest I found that I know will fit is £81 for the condenser and drier but I've also found it for £55 and the seller said it will fit mine but I'm not so sure. That is car parts 4 less (ECP) and they have a habit of supplying the wrong parts!

I noticed Halfords have started offering a regass for £30 - not sure Id trust them to do the job properly though!!

Do you have the cars history, it might have had the condenser changed before?

No it's not been changed you can tell that just by looking. When aircon packs up most people don't bother getting it repaired as well.

Don't forget to lubricate the o rings with air con oil before fitting :)

Yep I will, need to find my pag oil.