Auto Express Magazine shoot at the wim/ BB centre....

The article is generally a slight disappointment - would have liked to read about everything in a bit more detail, but then again this is AutoExpress and i suppose they need to keep things fairly light for their intended audience.

It does focus on the supercharger but there could have been quite a nice piece about the fitting and calibration of decent coilovers and the impact this has. Obviously I know this first hand and i know this could have been a good read. Opportunity missed by them there which is a shame.

Oh well you got a mention anyway in a national mag  - thats never a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...

That was a much better advert for wim/ BB....... Joe looks like Noah though :lol: .... The handling looked great not forgetting it had the EVO geo settings that deliberately makes the car oversteer for entry in which is a fav for the track day heroes.

I'm getting a sense of renewed interest and a change in attitude towards the older mx5's recently which is a great thing. What this video fails to highlight is the actual drive is far more rewarding and visceral (No nanny state aids to be found here!) which adds to the whole experience plus the huge aftermarket and club scene.

It costs a fraction of the price of the boxster yet does everything the boxster does and more.

They didn't show much, shame there wasn't more said about the geo - good video though.

Too many Geo/ suspension is a difficult topic to grasp so i'm not surprised it had something of a drive-by mention. The video does however prove the money moment i mean 0-60 in the same time as a Boxter at a fraction of the cost!

Let's remember how easy it is to drive the mx5 towards its upper limits. Pretty sure the majority would go faster purely on confidence and easy to read handling I.e a forgiving geo :) fine in the right hands the boxster is faster but what's more accessible?

• 3 months later...