Auto photo correction software

parthiban

Looking for a tool to make photo correction really quick and easy - I often don't have time to sort them out so end up with thousands of photos sitting around uncorrected.

Been trying out DxO OpticsPro 10 recently which is a fantastic tool, the results you can get out of it are amazing. However it's closer to the photoshop end of editing which still makes it a bit time consuming (although less than previously).

Going to give Athentech Perfectly Clear a go as well as that seems on the other end of things, perhaps not quite as good ultimate results but a decent result that is completely automated which means a pretty much one click affair and a massive time saver.

Has anyone used anything they would recommend?

I would prefer to post process the photos myself so they're to my liking and not whatever the software chooses. If you're going to go that route then you might as well just use the jpgs from the camera and tweak the settings in there if you have the option.

Having said that I've never used this kind of software so will have to play around with it when I get the chance.

In terms of post processing, DxO ProOptics is amazing - you should definitely download the trial and give it a go. The noise removal and clearview functions are really impressive and the lens specific corrections cannot be found elsewhere I think.

http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro

For me the issue is time - as an example I've come back from Thailand with 550 photos on my camera and while I'd love to I don't have the hours it will take to work through them all. Something like Perfectly Clear looks as though it could enhance all my photos with one click making all my photos better without needing to take up a lot of my time. I'll report back once I've used the trial on this too :)

http://www.athentech.com/

I'll have a look at those but I don't spend hours in photoshop on mine. If I've taken a batch on the same day then I will edit one and save the data, then batch load that into all of the other photos and save as jpgs. Some might need to be tweaked slightly but I don't spend that long on them at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out Perfectly Clear and didn't really get on with it - sometimes it works well (particularly what it does to faces) but the rest of the time it was a bit too hit and miss.

I've been using DxO Optics more and more and I'm really starting to like it - so much so that I've now bought it! The more I've got used to it and set things up properly it now delivers almost exactly what I want automatically most of the time, and it's very easy to add little tweaks where required.

I've never found batch adjustments to really work as my photos always seem too varied even in a single day (perhaps that says something about my photography skills!) I'm now spending a fraction of the time editing and loving it :)