Jays new baby

luke1987

jays audi Rs4 is out and been replaced with a brand new 330bhp audi rs3 (soon to be 400bhp). strage tyre sizes tho 235/35r19 on the front and 225/35r19 on the back wonder what an mot tester is going to make of that the first time they see one. theres alot going on behind them front wheels as well, at least hes got 4wd for the snow thats coming next week,lol

post-1909-1320408874.jpg

post-1909-1320408919.jpg

post-1909-1320408991.jpg

thats one sexy motor. agreed with the tyre sizes... are very odd.. but i presume they have done it because of all the weight over those front wheels.

Shame they didnt do a twin oval exhaust (one each side of the car)

thats one sexy motor. agreed with the tyre sizes... are very odd.. but i presume they have done it because of all the weight over those front wheels.

Shame they didnt do a twin oval exhaust (one each side of the car)

The tyres are different to make the car over steer more, but with increse in power hes going to change them to the same size all round. and dont worry more exhaust will come in the shape of a brand new miltek exhaust.

235/35r19 on the front and 225/35r19 rear = illegal i'm afraid.

why is that illegal tony ?

isnt it a FWD car ?

no its 4wd, its not illegal i'm very sure that audi would not sell a brand new car that was illegal come direct from the showroom,

Not illegal, Audi release them like that to cure VAG's legendary understeer problems. From an MOT point of view as long as the tyre size is the same across the axle, they can be smaller on the rear. Technically you could have porsche GT3 wheels on the front and mini wheels on the rear if you decided to!

Interesting motor - must admit this is a car I really don't get most of all because the A3 is such an old car (also the 5 door A3 has always to me looked like a squashed estate than a 5 dr hatchback). Do respect the power though :huh:

Unless i have missed a verse you cannot have wider tyres on the front.

I'm also guessing it can't be illegal or Audi wouldn't be able to sell the car (I believe there are optional wider alloys for the RS3 with even wider front tyres!) but I can understand the logic if it were illegal - promoting oversteer doesn't seem like a sensible stance for the regulations........

Audi's have such chronic understeer though that even with this setup there's probably still no risk of any real danger :huh:

Done some work online and the front/ rear tyre size disparity is illegal.

Do you have info from a reliable source? A quick google just uncovered a lot of speculation on different forums, couldn't find a definitive answer (although to be fair I didn't look very long)

In any case it seems like a remarkable bodge job from Audi on a £40k car :huh:

Someone ought to check whether the Audi dealership haven't transposed the front and rear rims :huh:

Nah it's the standard spec - the optional wheels are 255/30/19 on the front and 225/35/19 on the rear.

Seems odd though, when rear wheel drive cars have optional wider rear tyres it's to give it more grip - surely these will give the car even more oversteer characteristics than standard which is a strange thing to have as an option!

I'm going to have to check this out.......

Far as i know the law is...

1: Wider wheels to the rear

2: Wider tyres to the rear

3: Apect ratio on the front tyres cannot exceed the rear

There is some logic by having wider front tyres but outside of race i didn't think this was permitted?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to have to check this out.......

Far as i know the law is...

1: Wider wheels to the rear

2: Wider tyres to the rear

3: Apect ratio on the front tyres cannot exceed the rear

There is some logic by having wider front tyres but outside of race i didn't think this was permitted?

Any update on this?

Nice motor I like it :lol: