The joy of Geometry

Tony

It angers me. If you're going to pose, pose in a car that's not likely to kill you and others if you abuse it. If you're going to drive, buy the hardtop.

Out of interest, what did he have done? Any talk of trackdays or just lunches with tea and butlers?

The owner is 50+ysld, popped in for a chance booking but i was booked and drove the car like it's tyres were made of Superglue.... As he hit the high road we were all waiting for the roar..... then...... Then.... Nothing!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump:

I had a good day today :P

post-2-1164831758_thumb.jpg

post-2-1164831787_thumb.jpg

post-2-1164831815_thumb.jpg

I did suggest a re-spray in wim blue and this is being taken into serious consideration :(

Quote dan:

if only i had a camera angry.gif

we had 2 great cars in today, both for tyres, both had to be ordered in specialy,

the first was for an aston martin lagonda

the second was an absolutly mint 1968 ford gt40.

i nearly wet myself.

Dan would you like a camera donation?.... Opportunist images are our life :(

• 1 month later...
So today you aligned an oil tanker and a shoe? :rolleyes:

Shame on you! Top respect to the Skyline owner, if you are going to have a mod then why not one that saves you money...... not sure about the performance though? As for the shoe..... More of a sandal, well it is convertible :crying_anim02:

Sorry, respect to the LPG conversion, the tanker comment was in reference to it's weight :rolleyes:

Not that i can talk, the 350z comes in at 1500kgs and i can't work out how... alloy bonnet, alloy wishbones, carbon fibre re-enforced plastic drive shaft, alloy block, 2 seats. The boot must be made of lead or something :crying_anim02:

Sorry, respect to the LPG conversion, the tanker comment was in reference to it's weight :rolleyes:

Not that i can talk, the 350z comes in at 1500kgs and i can't work out how... alloy bonnet, alloy wishbones, carbon fibre re-enforced plastic drive shaft, alloy block, 2 seats. The boot must be made of lead or something :crying_anim02:

Cockpit protection/ preservation reads possible since everything else is weight reduction or designed as crumple zones.

What adjustability do you get on the Z by default? I think mine is starting to feather the inside of the tyres rolleyes_anim.gif

That particular Z i see regularly. The owner thinks is a plane judging by the times the wheels have been re-shaped after landing.. On the Geo nothing more than the odd rear camber/ toe and the revised (Nissan) +20' front toe in.

I don't recognise it from the UK Owners club, I noticed he's refurbed the rays alloys you can get with the car though. They're forged aluminium, as strong as you can get, bit worrying really!

So as with most cars the Z has no camber adjustment built in, just toe? Is castor adjustable?

I'll admit i've yet to have my car on jacks to look at the setup in detail!

I don't recognise it from the UK Owners club, I noticed he's refurbed the rays alloys you can get with the car though. They're forged aluminium, as strong as you can get, bit worrying really!

So as with most cars the Z has no camber adjustment built in, just toe? Is castor adjustable?

I'll admit i've yet to have my car on jacks to look at the setup in detail!

Rear camber + toe no front castor rolleyes_anim.gif I liked the wheels re-furb, purlescent black imitating magnesium.

post-2-1168115353_thumb.jpg

Last year one front wheel was repaired and needed aircraft standard alloy welding to recover the £900 + vat rim :thumbsup_anim:

Those rims trade for around £1100 with tyres for all 4 on the OC brand new as people trade them for 19" nismos within a few miles of ownership!

The car sure looks pretty with the 19s.

Those rims trade for around £1100 with tyres for all 4 on the OC brand new as people trade them for 19" nismos within a few miles of ownership!

The car sure looks pretty with the 19s.

I cannot comment! the price displayed is what the owner moaned about, how true it is i have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you notice the family of squirrels living in the exhaust? rolleyes_anim.gif

Oddly enough the car did have a squeak :lol: Naaah i thought it was a nice little number... 4wd and just a fun car for its size... And i must add the "Lady owner" :lol: knows her way around a car! She had me on the back foot a few times when talking about the engine?

A very capable point and squirt car, the 3sgte engine is massively tunable as they built most of it out of cast iron! Bottom ends good for around 500bhp apparently.

Not so hot around a circuit though.

A very capable point and squirt car, the 3sgte engine is massively tunable as they built most of it out of cast iron! Bottom ends good for around 500bhp apparently.

Not so hot around a circuit though.

To heavy... So bad DI?

Yeah, the weight doesn't help but the balance is way off due to the heavy engine, too nose heavy. I've followed a few of these about and they just understeer everywhere. I managed to easily pass a 420bhp gt4 on my first trackday in the turbo and i only had around 260bhp then.

• 2 weeks later...