The joy of Geometry

Tony

wim has the good fortune to set many cars and although i enjoy Geometry to the max it's satisfying to work on cars like this....NSX

post-2-1161208073_thumb.jpg

Today i set this car for Donington and manufactured personal requirements from the customer.... With good results i hope.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, its a pretty new one as well, is it around 53 reg ;).

No mate this is a much earlier index. What is so nice is the fact the car is so adjustable and the fact it came to wim... As i said all Geometry corrections are a pleasure but when this type of example appears it elevates the pulse somewhat and indeed the command expected by the customer.... Today i had one chance to set this car for Donington.. this is a little unfair since i have had no chance to study all the requirements directed by the customer but i am confident he will be happy.

I wonder what year they stopped pop up headlights and went to fixed units.

No idea.... The Geo positions are captured within a specific year frame then the modifications and requirements are added to the overall expectations...

Fixed are usually lighter.

Tony, will you share the Donny setup? I plan on investing in an NSX next time around.

Is it wise to image someone else's set-up? He is a nervous conservative driver, whereas you are a go getter, diff bashing, cylinder hydraulicing, valve bending, coil snapping, driver :) Or in other words rather keen :)

I am rather impressed that a NSX maybe your next lady jon :) will this also be undressed like the MR2?

It's always interesting to see how other people setup their cars, though I might have assumed he was a bit more learned than he was.

NSX is the long term plan once i've exhausted the aero on the sw20. Still quite fancy dropping a race v6 in it at some point but that's for another thread :)

It's always interesting to see how other people setup their cars, though I might have assumed he was a bit more learned than he was.

NSX is the long term plan once i've exhausted the aero on the sw20. Still quite fancy dropping a race v6 in it at some point but that's for another thread :)

What are you like... Ok i will pull the report tomorrow and post the positions...... You do know this is copyright intrusion since the positions are the property of the owner :)

It's easier to find the limit by going past it... plus it was a drying track with a very wet line.

DSC00056.jpg

Indeed.. An 'off' teaches more than any book.... On reflection can you analise why this happened and what needs to be implemented before the next track day... Do we have some work to do at STS, i know you had reservations with the set-up.

Being jobless i really should find the time to come and see you, though i'm unsure on what route to take now with the settings.

The off was at turn one, i wandered a little bit too much to the left to get a nice wide turn in, locked the NSF just before i turned in, OSF followed instantly then once you were on the greasy bit there's really no where to go but off as it was extremely slippy.

Short version, driver error.

Being jobless i really should find the time to come and see you, though i'm unsure on what route to take now with the settings.

The off was at turn one, i wandered a little bit too much to the left to get a nice wide turn in, locked the NSF just before i turned in, OSF followed instantly then once you were on the greasy bit there's really no where to go but off as it was extremely slippy.

Short version, driver error.

Honest reply. As for the route lets go for your suggestion minus the front toe out <_< ..... If I read events correctly then the car under-steered, if you feel the same then we have a target to hit.

• 1 month later...
Bump:

I had a good day today :(

post-2-1164831758_thumb.jpg

post-2-1164831787_thumb.jpg

post-2-1164831815_thumb.jpg

I did suggest a re-spray in wim blue and this is being taken into serious consideration :(

Who would buy a spyder version of the 360. Knob. Dynamically a twitchy car due to massive raw speed so why use it as a posers car.

Edit: Just in case you gave him the web address... hello kind sir. Find car *nods*

Bump:

I had a good day today :o

post-2-1164831758_thumb.jpg

post-2-1164831787_thumb.jpg

post-2-1164831815_thumb.jpg

I did suggest a re-spray in wim blue and this is being taken into serious consideration :(

What t**t would buy a spyder version of the 360. Knob.

Someone who likes them and can afford to buy it suppose :(

It angers me. If you're going to pose, pose in a car that's not likely to kill you and others if you abuse it. If you're going to drive, buy the hardtop.

Out of interest, what did he have done? Any talk of trackdays or just lunches with tea and butlers?