Horror of the week 18/ 11/ 11

Tony

The were at the rear of VW van. I struggle to understand why people drive with vehicles in this condition?

Phew - at least it wasn't my scenic.

It's probably the result of ignorance and assumption, sort of a 'don't know, don't care - wait until it goes wrong and then sort it out - after all, what's the worst that could happen?' approach.

Who knows, maybe some people do it deliberately just to annoy mechanics. :-)

There is always the case of someone who has just bought the vehicle and is ignorant of it's true condition - things like brake discs can be difficult to investigate without the aid of ramps. I can't see that happening that often unless they are a car dealer, in which case they should know better.

ttfn

Could this type of neglect be a sign of the times where money is tight and the maintenance can wait another day?

No Tony.... its a sign that natures survival of the smartest is falling by the way side!

Pure 'ignorance is bliss'

Saw these in the flesh today and I can't believe someone would drive around with tyres and brakes in that condition!! :rolleyes: Tony (the other one) said it was obvious something was wrong when he drove it so I have to agree with Adam it's just ignorance.

Looks like van has been stood for a while, rear brakes have corroded on, and someone has just driven it around with locked up rears trying to free them up again?

How can you explain that tire wear? handbrake turns? but how when the discs look unused?

Terrible.

• 1 year later...