scooby don't

B4G

hi all new to this forum really like this horror of the week idea and fingers crossed someone who reads this may be able to help

anyway......

my friend and i put his new engine in the scoob yesterday, its a wrx with non wrx heads on it not sure why but he was advised to do this then wrx eng loom again dunno y but he was told to do it, td05, skimmed flywheel, skimmed heads, new gaskets belt etc, we dropped her in and mated it up to the gearbox and i recall saying quietly "this is going abit too well"

anyway the horror bits still to come.....

all plumbed up apart from the boost pipes as he needs to fit the front mount first we double checked all fluids ensured the turbo was lubed and disconnected the coilpack, turned the engine over on the starter to circulate some fluids, still going all too well but at this point i'm sure u can forgive us for getting enthusiastic and wanting to fire the old girl up............

so we did exactlty that....

first time she fired revved nicely high idle and abit lumpy but nothing serious at first glance, the slight smell of burning oil and my mate said thats probably the oil i spilt on the manifold when i topped it up :whistle:

if only :sad01_anim: the rocker cover gaskets are leaking on both sides one from the spark plug which he informs me he couldn't get the right gasket part for and the other possibly from the main gasket going around the outer edge :crying_anim02: wounded as we were we called it a day the engine drives but wont idle although we think the idle's down to the mass of vaccum hoses etc that are not connected as they need the entire boost pipes to be connected to create a system (maybe) but after all that it might need to come out again which sucks big time :thumbsdown_still:

any help on getting the rocker gaskets would be much appreciated he has tried a couple of new kits but they've all been wrong and local companies and engine builders can offer no further assistance in where to get them.

not the most horrific but proof if ever that sod's law exist's

thanks all