2015 Toyota Prius T spirit

liner33

Like this quote, would people really buy a different car because a colour wasn't available?  :D

Prospective American Prius buyers wanting a white exterior must either choose the "Blizzard Pearl" color (a metallic off-white) for an additional $220, or choose another make or model.

• 1 month later...

Well collected it this morning , wife is very happy so far

Filled it up (it had just under half) and reset the trip meter so I can do a fill to fill check , mind you it only had 2 miles on the clock when we collected it , i think we have done about 50 so far

20150301_135541_zps5wctvdqx.jpg

20150301_141954_zpslhdnmol1.jpg

Its a bit strange but there is engine noise at least some of the time

First impressions

Its very quiet below about 40mph but then the noise ramps up , at motorway speeds its not especially quiet at all

I love the tech, and its pretty well equipped although the Sat Nav/entertainment system isnt that special but has good functionality

Its very easy to drive and handles better than I thought it would

You quickly become economy obsessed , watching the power meter like a hawk, it slows you down and that was a big reason for it as my wife drives too fast.

Wife loves it and thats the important thing

Quite impressed with Toyota they made the wife feel special ie flowers etc and treated her as the important customer 

Ride is good on the crappy roads we have around here

Downsides

Rear camera doesnt have gird lines , in fact the fish eye lens makes it harder to park in my opinion

Seat adjustment is a little limited so hard for me to get comfy , also the seats are hard

You do feel a little detached from the power unit so its not as responsive as a conventional engine even when running on ICE

Keyless entry on the doors is a little fiddly but no doubt we will get used to it

As a separate note , next door to the Toyota dealer is Lexus dealer , outside yesterday morning was a brand new 15 plate Lexus RCF waiting for its proud new owner , it looked great in the blue , nice looking car but imagine how devastated he/she would have been watching top gear last night ! 

Devastated indeed but it's one man's opinion......

Things like the seat harness will settle in time i'm sure, ok there not as adjustable as you would like but nothing fits all expectations.... I'm looking forward to your efficiency rating since it's going to be unbiased.

We had about 1/3 of a tank when we bought it and I filled it up and reset the trip so will check when it next needs fuel and do a fill to fill

Checking the Superb over on Saturday that had been doing less than 40mpg on the commute at present , as long as the Prius can achieve 45mpg i'll be very happy but its quite possible that it could do 55mpg plus on the commute my wife has, the trip we did yesterday reckoned on 71.9mpg , of course optimistic and there are a lot of downhill bits but bodes well

All my mates are reckoning it wont achieve good economy but it wasn't really bought for that but how easy they are to drive and the nice spec they have

For the first time in 14 years we dont own a diesel !

Yeah it was so bad they wouldnt let the stig drive it .....apparently . Looks nice though imo

I wonder if they don't get incentives from Toyota/Lexus which makes them do this. Reviews of the RC-F have been surprisingly good in a number of places, so it makes no sense for them to go to such an extreme against the rest of the motoring press.

• 2 weeks later...

Well first tank , refilled at 420 miles , mpg over the tank was 50.6 , car is 3mpg out claiming 53.6 which is pretty good .

As well as running in the wife isn't driving it with economy in mind at all so that's pretty good really , at least 10mpg better than the Superb

Well first tank , refilled at 420 miles , mpg over the tank was 50.6 , car is 3mpg out claiming 53.6 which is pretty good .

As well as running in the wife isn't driving it with economy in mind at all so that's pretty good really , at least 10mpg better than the Superb

What kind of driving is that, mostly motorway or a mixture?

The Prius has acquired a reputation for not being as good (MPG wise) on motorways as when driving around town. I don't know where this comes from. When I was driving a T Spirit, my best mileages were on long motorway journeys (holidays etc). Maybe not quite as fast as Liner, but certainly with the cruise control set to the speed limit.

In the whole of the life of my T Spirit (just about 21,000 miles) it averaged 54.5 mpg. You can see the details on Fuelly. That's actually slightly below the overall average for all the Priuses showing on Fuelly where 56+ is not uncommon.

So I would see Liner's figure as about what I would expect and I think it may well get better as the vehicle runs in properly and we start to see summer temperatures.