Two interesting sightings

parthiban

Last week was an interesting one for viewing HOTWs on the road:

1. Car in front of me at a set of lights had a flat right rear tyre - assuming he hadn't realised I jumped out and let him know, to which he said "yeah I know it's flat".

A bit confused I went back to my car, we pulled away and I continued to follow him for the next 3 miles or so on a flat, and then he turned off but no idea how much longer he went on it!

2. Follow a car on a dual carriageway with a seriously bent (it was clearly visible) right rear wheel - the car was crabbing quite badly and must have felt horrendous, particularly at 50mph!

At the next stop wound down the window and let him know, to which he was fairly dismissive, and when I asked doesn't the car feel quite bad he said it feels fine!

What is wrong with these people!  :blink:

And on a side note can you report things like this to the police (or would that be seen as a nuisance) as particularly the second one looked really dangerous.

I've seen some cars with very low tyre pressures, I really don't know how they manage to drive them like that  :sad01_anim:

You should definitely be able to report them but I doubt anything would be done.

Saw someone joining the motorway with a flat OSF ... not a lot I could do, he seemed determined that it was driveable.

Mind you, I stayed well clear anyway as he managed to join the M1 without looking in his mirrors once ... at 50mph ...

Funny this. i was behind a corsa on the motorway today....

i dont know WTF he had done to his NSR wheel but it was physically bouncing (Leaving the road) on every rotation... the back of the car was hopping all over the place too.

i waited behind him with a good distance until the road split in to 4 lanes and i blasted past him as quick as i could to get away from his coffin mobile

• 4 months later...

I have seen some crazy things on the road during my years of driving. I once went to a city about 2 hours from my home town in order to attend a weekend seminar. While I was on my way out of the city a group of motorcycles passed by at a speed I cannot even begin to guess at. A few minutes up the highway I saw a huge bloom of smoke and fire shoot up into the air. I can only guess that it was one of those motorcycles, but the thought of it has never left me. I didn't actually see this in person, but there is a video on the internet of a van on the highway. The van loses control during slick driving conditions and crosses over the median directly in front of a large truck. The van is blown completely apart. The road can be a dangerous place, that is for sure.

Not a nice thing to witness, even indirectly. Many of the videos i post in wim display speed and an accident.... This is not an attempt to glorify speeding nor intended to be morbid but an attempt to display how fast things can go wrong.

I see loads of cars with buckled rear wheels, blown shocks and bald tyres. It annoys me purely from the point of view that i think they are bllody selfish driving around like that and putting other people potentially at risk through their penny pinching or negligence.

There is a guy who lives in my close who has a relative new audi (3 years or so) - his front tyres are fubar. I don't understand the mentality of someone who will pay for a recent car and then fail to make sure its got boots with tread on. I can't bring these things up with him or others because i know if they answer me back with some BS response i will get irate. Best to leave them alone.