Well it's my turn today - bought a 2016 (16 ) Jaguar XE Premier 2litre diesel 180bhp

SMARTLY

Well my car has been in for three days this week for diesel filter, new SD card for satnav as online update doesn't work, front parking sensor which was replaced before but error codes had not been cleared, clock losing time and a replacement boot seal whilst it was there as people have reported the boot lid hitting the bumper and damaging the paint.

Went out this morning and warning boot not closed on the dash. So tried opening and closing it but error still there. So can't lock car icon_e_sad.gif Called out Jaguar Assistance hopefully to resolve.

It's simple all right, I need to go the gym :) It just needs a bit more force when shutting. Silly really that it can physically close in two different positions about 2mm apart. I'll have a look at the catch and see if it needs a bit of cleaning or lubrication.

That's strange, you shouldn't have to shut a boot that hard for it to close properly. On the Accord I don't even have to shut it completely, just put it down and then the motor closes it properly.

Been and had a look, cleaned up both sides and put a small amount of lithium grease on. OPened and closed it about 10 times but no difference. Even when it's closed properly you can push down on the lid against the new seal. So can see there is much I can do apart from close it with a little more force than I was before. It's not slamming it so not a big deal I guess.

It could be the seals are cold and less flexible , perhaps some of this stuff may help, I had to buy some with the 370 as the door seals would freeze up in the winter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Stick-100ml/dp/B007TNOQDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485284072&sr=8-1&keywords=gummi