Job Vacancies at Wheels in Motion/Blackboots
  • Trainee/Apprentice.
  • Experienced tyre fitter working ambition to top tech.
  • Experienced geometric analyst willing to undertake training with ambition and motivation.
Please PM Tony or email tony@wheels-inmotion.co.uk

Photo
- - - - -

Rich's 1999 MX5 1.8i S

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 31,463 posts
  • Vehicle:Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer and MX5 MK2

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

I'm hoping it's just the slider has seized, they're common for doing it. With only doing around 1500 miles the last year and garage it's not surprising. Ordered some brake cleaner so will do it over the weekend hopefully.

Probably need to charge the battery too, going down the road and back after jump starting it wouldn't of charged it much!

#242 OFFLINE   Tony

Tony

Founder of WIM!

• Founder
  • 57,764 posts
  • Vehicle:Honda

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

Ah remember you told me it takes several miles to get charge in the battery smile_anim.gif

#243 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 31,463 posts
  • Vehicle:Honda Accord 2.4 Tourer and MX5 MK2

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

I put it on a slow charge last night including reconditioning it. It took about 16 hours in total but should be good to go now.

When I removed the battery there was a puddle underneath the tray again! :( Barely used the car so it's not being forced in through driving. It's getting in from the rear of the boot somewhere as I saw a line of water coming out from under the trim. I think it's the boot lid seal but I'm not sure how to test that. I could try getting a used one to test but that might give the same problem.

It was too cold and wet to look at the brake today. It'll probably have to wait until the end of next week now.

#244 OFFLINE   SMARTLY

SMARTLY

Dedicated Club Poster

• Basic Member
  • 6,965 posts
  • Vehicle:2016(66) Ford Focus Titanium X 1.5 TDCi

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

Think you can use chalk dust or talc to test the seal, just lightly dust each side. Where the water goes through the chalk / talc absorbs it a bit.