Tony's Ferrari F360 blog....

Tony

Getting the instruments out that easily is unusual. Are you replacing all the lights with different colours?

Things have been a little static thanks to the weather so today i worked inside the car... I removed the instrument cowling, the dial visor and finally the cluster. My mission is the change the instrument lights, clean the dials and replace the cowling with a new one.. It must be the easiest dash to remove in history... The outer facia just pulls off, the clear facia is a simple click in and the cluster is three cross screws. Total removal time 5min smile_anim.gif ...Initially i had difficulty getting the facia out until i realized the steering column was adjustable ohmy.png  

I also got the MoMo steering wheel today and i'm itching to get it on but alas the boss is still in transitthumbsdown_anim.gif

• Like 1

Getting the instruments out that easily is unusual. Are you replacing all the lights with different colours?

Things have been a little static thanks to the weather so today i worked inside the car... I removed the instrument cowling, the dial visor and finally the cluster. My mission is the change the instrument lights, clean the dials and replace the cowling with a new one.. It must be the easiest dash to remove in history... The outer facia just pulls off, the clear facia is a simple click in and the cluster is three cross screws. Total removal time 5min smile_anim.gif ...Initially i had difficulty getting the facia out until i realized the steering column was adjustable ohmy.png  

I also got the MoMo steering wheel today and i'm itching to get it on but alas the boss is still in transitthumbsdown_anim.gif

Yep I'm going to replace them with blue LED....

Today i received the universal boss and for the life of me i can't see how it fits?....There's no instructions but looking at the images the boss should split in two... Seemingly one half fits to column and the other half the steering wheel. What's bugging me is historically the column should be a spline the wheel fits and then a lock nut mates everything together and if so where to i attach the six anchor points the boss offers?

Done that....It was really stiff so that caught me out, anyway once removed i cant see how it will fit on the column because the current wheel is held on by a large bolt rather than a cluster of bolts?

Is the one piece not threaded so you screw it onto the column ( I'm guessing here ), did it say it would fit your car?

Give us some pictures of both ends of the piece you have bought without the wheel on it.

Oh woe is me....... The boss that was paired with the MoMo steering wheel will not fit. Checking some youtube vids it has to be a boss that bolts by the OEM bolt

post-2-0-82445300-1523815044.jpg

I could fit the snap on/ off boss to that but i think it will be to long... Also you can see on the correct boss the MoMo will bolt on to that.

This is why it pays to do your homework first before going on a spending spree smile.png

Can you send the boss back?

I did.....said the boss was universal and i was convinced because i can see how the wheel bolts on. The only reason i found out was by checking online how to connect the horn with the new boss. It was at that point i found out it wouldn't fit. I put it down to a learning curve and it will cost me nothing but my time.

Oh woe is me again...I bought new seat belt buckles since the OEM one's are to low with the new seats...So i got these

post-2-0-95364400-1523899972.jpg

They don't fit because the female part is to small.... I never knew they come in different sizes. So now I've ordered some more.

I have the correct boss now and i've ordered some clever wiring to turn off the airbag light..Depending how the wheel fits with the boss will determine if i also use the detachable steering wheel boss.