2015 Toyota Prius T spirit

liner33

I think it will do around 55mpg on the daily commute once the weather warms up, the journey my wife does is a lot of 40mph max

The fuel tank is pretty small compared to what we are used to I put about 2/3rds of a tank in yesterday and that was 6 gallons and £27 with fuel save , used to putting £75-£80 in the Superb but getting 500miles range

It's worth mentioning the speedo overreads quite a bit by about 10%

Got to say that's impressive mileage, my Esprit did 10mpg  :(

There is only one Lotus Esprit showing on Fuelly - in the USA - it has done 51,000 miles and has averaged 19.8 mpg.

It was over fueling like a bugger but i didn't mind because the pops and bangs on overrun was glorious.

Why not display the truth....... I wouldn't set my watch fast so i'm not late for work.

I'm sure we've been through all this before. The European standards for speedo readings require the indicator to show a speed higher than the car is actually travelling so that you can never be travelling faster than the speedo indicates.

Traditional speedos take a revolutions reading somewhere on the drive train and then calculate the speed from the gearing and the wheel size downstream of the revolutions pick-off point. So unworn and worn tyres will show the same indicated speed though clearly the vehicle speed will change as tyres wear. You get similar effects from changing inflation pressures and the way that you drive also creates differences. Some vehicles (especially those with built-in GPS) have clever programs that take account of tyre size differences, but you could never be sure that a speedo set up for a precise, accurate reading on the day of delivery would still be showing the same precision a week later.

So all cars with traditional speedos read high, but I think Toyota has grown a reputation for making maximum use of the tolerances. Whether the reputation is deserved when compared with other makers I wouldn't know, but their hybrid vehicles naturally get a lot of attention paid to the reality of their consumption figures.

• 1 month later...

Wife is away with work so I had chance to give it its first detail

Its been washed a couple of times and had a coat of Sonax BSD but first proper clean and polish

First off the wheels , dont look too bad no real fallout on them

P1000950_zpsbmm4ar0y.jpg

Think again , Iron Awe doing the nasty ! Rear wheels were a pleasant change though

P1000953_zpsr31spta1.jpg

P1000955_zpsxuogzz0i.jpg

all snowfoamed up

P1000957_zpszookcibx.jpg

Skip to the afters

Polished with Gold Rush all in one (by hand)

Waxed with Fusso 99 (First time , I like this wax but its easy to put too much on )

Wheels polished and then coated with Rimwax , tyres dressed with Swizzvax Pneu

P1000979_zps4k0sdxbx.jpg

P1000980_zpsybkpxr0x.jpg

P1000994_zpshm8kanrw.jpg

P1000971_zpsdkyhqf2q.jpg

Spotless couldn't describe the finish.. I admire your passion with detailing because unlike some i understand it. When i had the Lotus it wasn't a case it needs to be cleaned each week more a unwritten must do and it has to be perfect and in truth after selling it i miss that desire.

Lovely pics, car looks great! Never used that iron stuff, so does it only turn purple when it finds iron?

Yep thats the idea although I always slightly thought that perhaps its turns purple when it comes in contact with air considering how red it goes on what appears to be a clean wheel but on the rear wheels there was hardly any reaction at all

Did my mums car last week , before and afters . It will strip any lsp on the wheel though so its only needed once or twice a year , does make the most unpleasant job on the car much much easier

P1000942_zpsksgjqwu4.jpg

P1000944_zpsul8raz6n.jpg

Looks awesome :D I need to find my enthusiasm again when it comes to detailing!

Just had a look at that Iron Awe, it ain't cheap!

What wheel cleaner you using now, I need to order some?

• 1 month later...

Well reversing camera,  parking sensors and huge mirrors clearly arent sufficient for my wife as she clouted it this morning whilst parking :(

Luckily she chose to hit an extremely pleasant man who may well bring the car over to me to see if i can buff out the damage , fingers crossed eh ?

Any suggestions ? I think she is going to need some driver training despite her driving a lot of miles for work,  fortunately her prangs are mostly low speed parking related

does anyone do training for parking/spacial awareness?

Wow, pranged it already :( I think you are right and some extra training on parking might help. Could you not maybe ask an instructor to help out?

Does the camera come on automatically when reversing?