Wheel cleaner

Rich

I have used all of my Autosmart cleaner and need to replace it, I want non acid based for normal cleaning. I also need something acid based (just a small bottle) to clean the inside on one of the Accord wheels. It's the one that had the binding brake, it's black and I can't get it off!

Any recommendations?

I've used the autoglym stuff and seemed ok. Probably not strong enough for your application though. Using that other non-acidic stuff now i mentioend a while back - Autoclean or something. bilt hamber. Great gear.

The stuff they use at the eastern european car washes is pretty effective. Its probably neat sulfuric!

I use Envys Evolution but I thinks it's another version of Espuma Revolution

If you want something really tough Screwfix do a brick cleaner that's acid based and cheap and it will remove most things , I recovered a really poor set of Evo 6 wheels with it

Thats interesting!

I have a 2nd set of rims sat in my garage that i might test that on at some stage. I was going to refurb them when needed but if this brings them up ok might put that off!

I use Envys Evolution but I thinks it's another version of Espuma Revolution

If you want something really tough Screwfix do a brick cleaner that's acid based and cheap and it will remove most things , I recovered a really poor set of Evo 6 wheels with it

I've actually got some patio and brick cleaner left from last year, I'll give it a go. Do you dilute it?

I had a look at the Espuma cleaner, it looks good but nearly £30 direct with delivery. I've seen this one on Amazon, which would be free delivery over £20 but is it the same, it's a different bottle - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Espuma-0532-05-Revolution-Wheel-Cleaner/dp/B0058GW0XQ

Who else sells it?

Does that Amazon one look genuine, I assume it is cos it's Amazon themselves selling it but maybe it's an old formula in that bottle?

I'll give the cleaner I've got a go first and see what happens.

yep might be old branding but thats the same as the Espuma I have in the garage , you can dilute it 10/1 but i use 4/1 on dirty wheels so thats 5 gallons of cleaner so its not really expensive

It's about the same price as 5L of smart wheels but that stuff gets to the back of your throat if you're too close to it or the wind blows the wrong way! Is this stuff the same?

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Bilberry before and I can't say I was impressed with it TBH, did nothing a strong solution of shampoo would. I couldn't wait to finish the bottle I had of it. I think I'll try the Espuma once I get around to ordering it.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to order this and when I cleaned the cars the other day all I had was shampoo and I really struggled with it. The wheels just didn't look as clean to me and it took longer! I'll definitely only use a wheel cleaner now, makes the job easier.

• 2 months later...

I got this delivered a month or so ago and Amazon put it in a flimsy box with some brown paper for protection so guess what it leaked abit!!

Used it for the first time yesterday and it's really good stuff, diluted 10:1, sprayed on, agitated and washed off with no effort at all. I had been using shampoo before and on wheels that aren't sealed it does struggle.